Stone Consolidator is a modified silicate sealer developed to penetrate deep into porous stone such as Sandstone and Limestone, and react with free calcium and lime to provide a hardened densified surface that will be more resistant to wear from water and chemicals.
Consolidating Sealers unique reaction creates a calcium silicate hydrate that fills the voids in the stone, creating the strength and durability whilst producing a less permeable surface, this will also help prevent the formation of efflorescence.
Features of Stone Consolidator:
- Seals Porous Stone – Sandstone , Limestone
- Hardens and increases life of Stone
- Reduces porosity and permeability of Stone
- Minimizes the occurrence of Efflorescence
- Reduces Moss, mould and algae growth
- Retains a slight sheen look dependent on stone
- Reduces dust
- Deep penetrating
- Alkali resistant
- Acid resistant
- Chemical and Solvent resistant
- Water based, non-flammable
- No odour
- Will not flake, peel or scratch off
- Suitable for food areas
- Consolidating Sealer will last up to 5 years dependent on application, climate conditions and maintenance.
Coverage – 7 sq metres for coat 1 / 12 sq.metres for coat 2 on porous stone.
- Clean surface if necessary
- Surface to be treated should be dry and absorbent
- Apply Sealer liberally, by spray, flood coat spreading with bristle broom, sponge or roller
- Give whole surface a “wet” look
- Leave for 20 minutes then reapply a second coat whilst still wet
- Do not allow puddling on surface, a white residue could form
- Allow to dry, water repellency will be evident immediately the surface appears dry, full curing will take 24 hours